Seven Pins – "Mishmar HaAm"in Jerusalem / Pins Commemorating Forces and Battle- Fields in the area of Jerusalem during the Independence War
Seven pins, including pins from the Independence War period, and pins commemorating forces and battle-fields in the area of Jerusalem during the war. Ca. 1948-1968.
• A pin of "Mishmar HaAm" in Jerusalem with figures of soldiers on the background of a Star of David and the Tower of David.
• A pin with Palmach emblem – two stalks of wheat and a sword.
• A pin in the shape of a shield on which appear the Old City, emblem of the "Haganah" and the legend "Old City Fighters 1948".
• A pin in the shape of a shield on which appear the Old City, emblem of the "Haganah" and the legend "Gush Etzion Fighters 1948-1967".
• A pin in the shape of a shield on which appear the Tower of David, emblem of Communications force and the legend "Communications Jerusalem".
• A "Defenders of Mount Scopus 1948, Tamuz 1967" pin.
• A pin with the legend "Minyan Lochamei Yerushalaim" within a wall, surmounted by a Star of David.
Size and condition vary.
Provenance: Morton Leventhal Collection, New York.